honest kitchen 101
- Is your food raw?
Our recipes are made from dehydrated whole food ingredients, but they're not quite the same as raw. Dehydration is a slow, gentle method of preserving food. It helps to keep many of the natural nutrients in the raw ingredients in tact. On the other hand, cooking denatures many of these nutrients including delicate enzymes, vitamins, minerals and amino acids (making for a less nutritious finished product).
- What exactly does 'Human Grade' mean?
Human Grade means ‘food grade’ or fit for human consumption. For us, it’s a line in the sand about the quality and integrity of the finished products we send out the door.
We blend our healthy pet food in a human food facility that makes things like breakfast cereal and bakery mixes. So, we abide by the same strict standards for safety, cleanliness, record-keeping and overall quality as the place that whips up your favorite cookie dough.
- How will my dog’s teeth get clean with a soft food?
Contrary to popular belief, kibble doesn't actually clean the teeth. For the most part, dogs (and some cats) actually swallow their kibble whole and don't chew their food at all. You'll know this if you've ever had the misfortune of seeing your pet regurgitate his kibble, when those pellets come back up the same way they went in! This means the pellets don't have a chance to come into much contact with the teeth, and even if they were to be crunched, they aren't really hard enough to have an abrasive action that's effective enough to scrape tartar from the teeth. If kibble is chewed (which may happen in some smaller dogs and cats) the sugars and refined carbohydrates are actually more likely to get impacted into the gum line, which is detrimental for the long term health of the teeth and mouth.
- I can see bits of food in my dog’s stool, are they not absorbing the nutrients?
When dogs eat a high moisture, whole food diet such as ours, the stool will not look the same as it did when consuming a dry kibble or raw food. The stool will reflect the colorful ingredients going in. It's not abnormal to see pieces of carrots, spinach, etc. present in the stool. The nutrients, phyto-nutrients and antioxidants from the foods are still being absorbed. Since the food is high in moisture and fiber it's also common for the stool to be more voluminous. Our office dogs go 3-4 times a day.
- Why can’t I feed my puppy the base mix?
Puppies have slightly different mineral needs. Of particular interest are Calcium and Phosphorus, which our bases mixes do not support the levels and ratios necessary for puppies. We have five diets that are designed to support puppies during their rapid growth months. Those are Embark, Love, Thrive, Revel, Brave and Spruce.
how much to feed
- How much of your complete dog diets do I feed my dog?
- How much of your complete cat diets do I feed my cat?
- How much of your base mixes do I feed my dog & how much meat do I add?
- Is the recommend serving based on the dry measure or the rehydrated food?
The amounts we recommend are based on the dry measure, before you add warm water.
- Are the amounts recommended on the chart for the entire day or per meal?
The amounts listed in our feeding guidelines are for the entire day. We suggest dividing this daily amount into two servings, one in the AM and one in the PM.
- How much do I feed a dog that weighs more than 90lbs?
Look at the estimated amount for a 90 lbs dog and then go back to the top of the chart, adding the extra amount for the additional weight. Take into consideration their age and activity level. For example, a moderately-active dog of 130 lbs, may need about 5 cups per day. Please adjust to suit your dog’s individual needs.
- What if the amount suggested is too much/too little for my pet?
Please remember that these are only guidelines! Your individual dog’s need will vary with age and activity. Adjust the amount to suit your pup's needs.
- How long will a box last?
This will depend on how much your pet requires of the dry mix each day, and if you have multiple pets. Using our feeding charts (above), you can estimate the amount each dog may need. For instance, if your dog weighs 30lbs, you may need 1 dry cup per day, and a 10lb box will last approximately 40 days.
- Each 10lb box yields approximately 40 cups of the dry mix.
- Each 7lb box yields approximately 30 cups of the dry mix.
- Each 4lb box yields approximately 16 cups of the dry mix.
- Each 3lb box yields approximately 14 cups of the dry mix.
- Each 2lb box yields approximately 8 cups of the dry mix.
how to make
- How do I make your dehydrated pet foods?
For our complete diets, just add water, stir, wait 3 minutes and serve!
For our base mixes, you add water and your dog's favorite protein.
- Do I have to add water?
Yes! It is imperative that you re-hydrate these foods before serving. The food swells when it comes in contact with moisture so it’s important that this takes place in the food bowl before consumption, and not in your pet’s tummy.
When the food is hydrated with water, it will not swell further after eating, which is why our food is so great for breeds who are prone to bloat.
- Is it easy to make?
Yes! All you need to do is hydrate the food with fresh, warm water. No need to cook! We recommend filtered water especially in areas where the municipal supply is fluoridated, but it’s up to you.
The food can be served after about 3-5 minutes (although we don’t always wait this long in the office!) You may choose to hydrate for a longer period if you wish, even overnight in the refrigerator if this works better for your pet(s). Any leftover food should be treated like fresh food, covered and refrigerated up to 48 hours or discarded.
- Once I’ve added water, can I refrigerate the food? For how long?
Once the dehydrated food has been rehydrated with warm water, you may cover and refrigerate any uneaten portions for 2-3 days. Frozen leftovers will keep for even longer. We suggest adding a little bit of warm water to the mix and stirring before serving.
- Do I have to add extras, like meat or other foods?
No, adding other ingredients to our diets is not necessary (except for our base mixes which require protein to be added). Our foods are formulated to meet the AAFCO Nutrient Profiles and can be fed alone. However, many of our customers love to mix up their companion’s meals with home-made extras. We encourage this because we think pet’s deserve variety in their diets just like we humans do. Our foods have balanced calcium: phosphorus ratios to allow you to add in extras in moderate amounts without throwing these important minerals outside their optimum ratios. Scroll down to #9 to see more fun ways to feed our food!
- If I want to add extras, what do you recommend?
Popular add-ins are meat, raw meaty bones, cottage cheese, plain yogurt, veggies and fruits. We recommend 1/2 to 1 cup of extra ingredients for each dry-measured cup of the food.
A more active dog would have these quantities added to the regular food serving. For a less active or senior pet, you can cut back the amount of Honest Kitchen food to allow for the additional ingredients being included, and prevent the calories from increasing too much. Read more about adding extras to your pets diet >
- Do I need to add a vitamin or mineral supplement?
No, this is not necessary since our foods contain a human-grade vitamin mineral premix. Other supplements such as enzymes and herbs can be added according to your pet’s individual needs.
- How do I store your food and what is the shelf life?
Our dehydrated foods are naturally shelf stable and should be stored in a cool, dry place – out of sunlight. We don’t recommend refrigerating our food when it’s dry, because this can introduce moisture. If you want to freeze the food, you should hydrate it first (some of our customers like to freeze in individual pre-made portions). If you do choose to place the dry food in the freezer, we recommend keeping the box in the freezer for the remainder of its use.
Our foods have a shelf life of twelve to twenty four months, depending on the product, the ambient temperature and humidity where you live. The date of manufacture is printed on the top of every box in a specially designed ‘tear out and keep’ card.
- Complete diets - 12 months from MFG date
- Base mixes - 18 months from MFG date
- Cookies - 12 months from MFG date
- Pure fish treats - 18 months from MFG date
- Pro Bloom - 12 months from MFG date
- Perfect Form - 24 months from MFG date
- Do I have to feed the honest kitchen foods as 100% of my pet’s diet?
No, our foods may be included in our pet’s diet in a variety of ways! Check out the A,B,C's of how you can use them:
A is for All Alone
Feed Honest Kitchen food by itself as a complete meal (except preference, which you mix with meat). Just add water and it’s ready to go!
B is for Base–mix
Use as a base for your own home-prepared ingredients. Lots of people love to make their pets’ food. Honest Kitchen recipes are an excellent starting point (with balanced calcium: phosphorus ratios) that you can mix with your own meat and other goodies.
C is for Complementary
Mix with kibble as a convenient, healthy whole food topping that provides more phyto-nutrients than cooked diets. Because our foods are gently dehydrated, they retain much more of the natural nutrition that conventional pet food production methods. If you aren’t ready to make the switch to 100% fresh or dehydrated food, try our recipes as toppers, so your pet can still enjoy some of the benefits of a whole food diet! Feed a ½ and ½ mixture of THK and your favorite kibble, or in whatever ratio works well for your pet.
D is for Defrosting error
Use as a stand-in when you forget to thaw your raw! Some of our customers feed raw food most of the time. But sometimes, schedules can be disrupted or plain old absent-mindedness can set in. Our foods are great to keep on hand as a stand-in for just such occasions!
E is for Emergencies
Dehydrated foods are compact to store – you can keep our products in your emergency preparedness kit for up to 12 months and they’ll be easy to take if you ever have to leave home in a hurry.
F is for Fun outdoors
Take on your travels, backpacking and camping – our foods are lightweight, and quick & easy to prepare for a tasty meal on the road. Each dry-measured cup of our food makes a whole pound of fresh food when rehydrated.
- What are nutrient profiles?
You'll notice that we show two separate profiles for each of our dog and cat foods.
1) The first is an 'as-received' profile, which pertains to the food as it comes out of the box – dehydrated, but still with a small amount of natural moisture present. This corresponds with the amount shown on the box, in the guaranteed analysis.
2) The second profile is calculated on a 'dry-matter' (D.M.) basis. This means that the natural moisture in the dehydrated product has been completely factored out. Dry Matter Basis doesn't relate to how the food actually is, but calculates it into a format where it can more easily be compared with other diets, on a DM basis – so that you can compare apples to apples.
If we use our Thrive dog food as an example:
Thrive is about 26% protein 'as received' which calculates to 28.27% protein on a DM basis.
A dry-measured cup of Thrive, as-received, weighs about 115 grams. Of this, about 30 grams is protein. Those 30 grams of protein are still present in the food after water has been added to re-constitute it – although the cup of food rehydrated food now weighs about 230 grams (and is about 2 cups by volume--mass and volume may vary).
The USDA Nutrient Database is an excellent resource for looking up the nutritional values of thousands of different foods.
- What are your dog food nutrient profiles?
- What are your cat food nutrient profiles?
introducing the honest kitchen
- Introducing your dog to The Honest Kitchen
For dogs making the change from a processed diet of kibble or canned food, our food should be introduced gradually, over a period of four to seven days depending on your dog’s sensitivity. If your dog is already consuming a varied, raw or home cooked diet, our foods can usually be introduced more quickly, over one or two meals.
Start by adding just a small amount of the Honest Kitchen (with water added) into your dog’s current meals. Gradually increase the amount of the Honest Kitchen while decreasing the amount of your dog’s original diet. This will allow the natural ‘friendly’ gut flora in the intestines to get accustomed to the new diet and become more efficient at digesting the new food.
How much you start with will depend on the size of your pup and how sensitive they are to change. For some, ¼ of the Honest Kitchen and ¾ of the original diet may work well. For more sensitive dogs, start with a smaller amount. For more robust tummies, you may try ½ and ½. Feel free to adjust the amount and schedule to suit your pup’s individual needs.
For pups that have a very sensitive GI, it may be a good idea to try adding in some of our herbal digestion aid, Perfect Form, during the transition.
- Introducing your cat to The Honest Kitchen
With some cats, the introduction is easy and they love our food right away, and others end up in a battle of will with their owners – they’re creatures of habit and have quite particular opinions on things, after all!
We recommend hydrating very small amounts (pea-size portions) of Honest Kitchen food initially, and adding this to their current food. Then, gradually increase the Honest Kitchen food each day over a period of weeks (if needed).
Cats have their preferences, and because they are such tactile creatures, you should play around with the water content – adding more if they enjoy soupy meals or using less water if the preference is a tacky consistency.
- Any tips for a picky dog?
Some dogs present a challenge simply because they are quite “hooked” on their current dry kibble or other lower-quality commercial pet food (often flavor-enhanced) and they seem to see no reason to accept something new, however healthy it may be for them. This is akin to a child who is used to eating McDonalds every day and is suddenly being expected to eat vegetables.
Here are some tips to try if you find that your dog is being particularly stubborn. Feel free to experiment with your own ideas, too!
- Try mixing in a small amount of ground meat (chicken, turkey, beef, etc.) with the food.
- Offer the food for just 30 minutes, whatever is not eaten within this period, pick it up, refrigerate, and serve it to them at the next feeding time. Healthy animals can fast for a day at a time with no harm. Note: If your dog is used to free-feeding, the first step will be to teach a new schedule of regular meal times.
- Rehydrate The Honest Kitchen with a low-sodium broth in replace of the water.
- Add a spoonful of plain yogurt, cottage cheese, or a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
- Adjust the texture of the food by increasing or decreasing the amount of water to make the food more or less soupy.
- Help! My cat won't eat it.
Cats can be tricky customers and it can be very challenging to persuade them to try something new! Here are a few tried-and-tested tips for transitioning your picky kitty to a new diet.
Cats seem more averse to change than dogs, so we recommend hydrating very small amounts (half teaspoon portions) of The Honest Kitchen initially, and adding this to their current food. Then, gradually increase THK food each day over a period of weeks.
Cats are also led by their keen sense of smell, so including some savory foods like bits of meat, cottage cheese, yogurt, raw or cooked egg can help during the transition. Variety is the spice of life, so mix it up!
Sometimes it’s necessary to coax your cat to try something new with a mind game. We’ve heard much success with this one! Hydrate the food and then dip the cat's paw into it. Since cats want to be clean, they will lick their paw – and in the process become more accustomed to the taste and tastiness of The Honest Kitchen food!
Changing their feeding schedule
If your cat is used to grazing at will with a bowl of dry food, start by feeding only two times per day, leaving the food out for about 30 minutes each time. Pick up the leftover food, refrigerate and serve to them at the next feeding time. Healthy animals can fast for a day at a time with no harm so don't worry if they miss a meal.
- How do I set up an account to order online?
You can register for an online account here:https://www.thehonestkitchen.com/customer/account/create/. Once you register, you will be ready to order direct from us!
- How can I place an order?
After you register, you can place items in your cart and proceed to check out. You also have the option to call us at 866-437-9729 and place your order direct with a customer service representative.
- How can I view my past orders?
Once you are logged into your account, go to your customer dashboard and click on 'past orders'. Here you will see a summary of all your previous Honest Kitchen orders through our website.
Please note: Orders called in to our office directly will not show in your online account history. Reward points will be added to your online account by our staff.
- Can I edit my recent order?
Once an order is placed, it cannot be edited. If you are having an issue, please give us a call directly and we will see what we can do!
- How do I redeem a promo code?
1. Add your code to your order on the shopping cart page, before you submit your order to us.
2. Click ‘apply a promo code’ above your order total on the shopping cart page.
3. Enter the promo code you’d like to use and click the 'apply' button. If the promo code is valid, you’ll see the discount that was taken off your order. If it’s not valid, you’ll receive an error.
Note: If you do get an error, double check that there are no additional spaces before or after the code when you pasted it in the box.
- Promo code fine print
- Exclusions apply. Promo codes cannot be used in combination with other discounts, coupons, promotions, shipping specials or other promo codes.
- Promo codes are not valid on past orders or recurring orders.
- Only one (1) promo code may be redeemed per user, per order.
- You have to add your promo code at checkout prior to submitting your order. Unless there is a malfunction of the site, this responsibility is all yours.
- Promo codes are redeemable on select merchandise only.
- Promo codes may require a minimum dollar value purchase.
- Code expires on the specified expiration date.
- No rain checks will be granted.
- Promo Codes can only be redeemed online at thehonestkitchen.com.
- How much do you charge for shipping?
Our customers are now treated to free shipping on all orders of $48 or more!
To the contiguous USA, PO, APO - via Fed Ex or USPS
Estimated Delivery Time: 4-5 Business Days
Order Range Shipping Rate Less than $14.00 $2.50 $14.01 - $24.99 $5.00 $25.00 - $48.99 $7.50 $49.00 or more Free!
Within the contiguous USA - via UPS
*Orders need to be placed before 8 a.m. PST to ship out the same day.
Order Range Overnight Shipping Rate 2 Day Shipping Rate Less than $4.99 $35.00 $20.00 $5.00 - $24.99 $50.00 $27.00 $25.00 - $50.99 $67.00 $37.00 $51.00 - $110.99 $100.00 $57.00 $111.00 - $220.00 $150.00 $85.00
To Alaska, Hawaii, PR - via USPS Parcel Post**
**Orders can take up to 4-5 weeks for delivery.
Order Range Shipping Rate Less than $24.99 $5.00 $25.00 - $50.00 $15.00 $50.01 - $108.00 $20.00 $108.01 - $204.00 $30.00 $204.01 - $310.00 $50.00 $310.00 - $425.00 $65.00 $425.01 - $1500.00 $75.00
- I recently placed an order, has it shipped yet?
You will receive email notification once your order has left our warehouse. Be sure to check your junk and spam folders!
- How long will it be before I receive my order?
For standard shipping, you should receive your order within 4-5 business days. Please allow additional time for shipments to U.S. Territories, PO Boxes, Hawaii, Alaska or Military APO/FPO addresses.
Expected Delivery Times
*For same day shipping, all orders must be placed before 8 a.m. PST. Please allow one additional business day for delivery for orders placed after 8 a.m. PST.
- What if I accidentally placed my order with the incorrect shipping address?
Please call our Customer Service Department at 1-866-437-9729 and they will be able to help you.
- What is your online return policy?
Buy with confidence: our satisfaction guaranteed! If you’re not completely happy with your purchase, please let us know and we’ll do our best to make things right or issue a full refund of the purchase price. We will send you a free return shipping label and a return merchandise authorization (RMA) number for all authorized returns on orders made in our online store.
We are not able to accept any returns more than 30 days after the original purchase date, except at the discretion of our customer service team. Re-stocking or return processing fees may be applied, and return shipping costs will not be covered, on any returns made after 30 days. Sorry, but we are not able to accept returns on any expired products.
If you purchased directly at thehonestktichen.com in the past 30 days:
- Please email email@example.com or call us at 1-866-437-9729 to request a return merchandise authorization (RMA) number and free return shipping label.
- Ship the product back to us in its original packaging, using the free shipping label provided.
- We will credit the payment method originally used to make the purchase, or send you a refund check, if you prefer.
- Please allow two weeks for your return to be processed. Some payment methods take longer than others for the refund to take place, after it has been issued by us.
- Refunds will be issued for the item’s actual purchase price. Unfortunately we are not able to refund original shipping charges.
- What is your in-store return policy?
If you purchased from one of our authorized resellers in the past 30 days:
- Please contact that reseller directly to arrange your return.
- The Honest Kitchen will credit the reseller’s account once the return has been processed.
- How do I get a return merchandise authorization (RMA) number for a return?
Once your order has been approved for return, a customer service rep will issue you an RMA# and shipping label to send the food back to us. RMA #’s are only required for returns of product purchased directly with us @thehonestkitchen.com See above for in store purchases.
- I sent in my return, has it been processed?
Returns can take up to two weeks to be received and processed. Once completed, you will be emailed a confirmation of the return.
- How does the in-store program work?
- 1 - Go to your local store and join either the ‘Small Box’ or ‘Large Box Loyalty Program’.
- 2 - We will send you a personalized envelope for you to place copies of your receipts in after each THK purchase. Generally stores will keep these envelopes behind the counter, however, in some cases where space is limited, you may be asked to hold onto your loyalty envelope and return it to the store when it’s full!
- 3 - Once 12 boxes have been purchased and 12 receipts are contained in your envelope, the store will provide you with a free box* of food on the spot!
- How does the online program work?
- 1 - Create an online account or log into your existing account.
- 2 - Receive points for purchases or website activities.
- 3 - Use accumulated points to receive free THK products!
- How do I redeem my online points?
Once you’re logged into your account, visit our points redemption page and choose the products you’d like to redeem your points for!
Concierge recurring order program
- How do I become a Concierge member?
We’ve made it super easy!
1) Add products to your cart.
2) Check the ‘Save 5% with recurring order’ box for every item you would like a recurring order for.
3) Select the order frequency in the drop down box for each item.
4) Click ‘Checkout Now’ and complete your order! (please note that the card you checkout with will be the card charged for future recurring orders unless you change it later)
- How do I view my recurring orders?
1) Log into your Honest Kitchen account
2) Click on 'my account' on the menu bar at the top of the page.
3) Click on 'my recurring orders' on the left side of the page in the blue box.
4) Here you will see a list of all products that currently have a recurring order
- What is the ‘next order date’?
The next order date is the date your order will process and your credit card will be charged. You can expect to receive your delivery 3-5 business days from the order date. When your order ships, you will receive an email with tracking information to determine the specific delivery date.
- How long do I have to modify, skip or cancel my next recurring order?
Recurring order modifications or cancellations must be made by midnight PST the night before the order is processed. Adding additional items to a recurring order must be done 3 business days before the order processes by contacting us.
- How do I change my next order date?
1) Go to the product listing in the ‘My Recurring Orders’ section
2) Click the calendar icon to the right of your next order date.
3) Select the day you want your order to process.
4) Make sure to update all products to the same order date if you want them to ship together.
- How do I change my order frequency?
1) Go to the product listing in the ‘My Recurring Orders’ section.
2) Under ‘order frequency’ on the right, you can select different frequencies by week from the dropdown menu.
3) Make sure to update all products to the order frequency if you want them to ship together.
- How do I change my shipping address for my orders?
1) Go to the product listing in the ‘My Recurring Orders’ section and click Manage Details + Next to ‘Shipping Address’ select ‘change’.
2) From the drop down, either select a saved address or select ‘New Address’ to enter a new address.
3) Click ‘Continue’ to save.
4) You will need to update your shipping address for EACH item in your recurring order.
- How do I update my expired credit card information?
1) In the My Account section, click on ‘my credit cards’ on the left side of the page.
2) Select the card you want to update and click ‘Save’.
- How do I change the credit card used for my recurring orders?
1) If you want to use a new card, first enter the new card information into the ‘my credit cards’ section.
2) Then go to the ‘My Recurring Orders’ section and click Manage Details + next to the product listing you want to update.
3) Next to ‘Payment’ select ‘change’.
4) Select the card that you would like to use and click ‘continue’.
5) You will need to update your credit card information for EACH item in your recurring order.
- How do I add an item to my recurring order?
Currently you cannot manually add an item to an already established recurring order. Please contact us and we will add the item to your order for you. The item will be set up on the same ordering frequency as the other items in your order unless otherwise noted by you.
- Can I add a one-time item to my recurring order?
You can’t add one-time items to your recurring order at this time. However, your Concierge discount is valid on most items on our site so you can purchase any one-time items there and save! Also, don’t forget to use your points.
- Do I earn reward points on my recurring orders?
Absolutely! You will accrue 1 reward point for every $1 you spend. You can use your points to redeem FREE products including food, treats & supplements. Learn more about points here>
- What if I’m a member of another Honest Kitchen program or discount group, can I still join Concierge?
Of course! Instead of signing up on our website, simply contact us and we will get you all set up.
- Is there a fee to join the Concierge Program?
A $25 signup fee may be applied. Please contact us with any questions.
- If I place a new order and activate a recurring order, do my items ship now, at the scheduled time, or both?
Your items will be shipped immediately for the order you just placed, and your future items will be automatically shipped to you at the interval you selected.
If you’d only like items delivered on a future date, please contact us and we can set up your order for you.
- What if items on my recurring order are out-of-stock?
You will be notified via email that your order has failed. If this happens, please contact us and we can provide you with alternate sizes of product or an estimate on when the item will be back in stock.
- What payment type is accepted for a recurring order?
At this time, we only accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express for recurring orders.
- How does my recurring order get paid?
When placing a recurring order, you authorize thehonestkitchen.com to charge your credit card for subsequent recurring orders until you cancel your recurring order. Unless you modify the information, the credit card used to create the initial recurring order account will be charged for subsequent orders. Subsequent orders will be charged the day the order is processed.
- What if my credit card is declined?
If your credit card is declined when your recurring order is placed, you will be notified via email that your recurring order has failed and you will need to update your credit card information accordingly. Once your payment information has been corrected, your recurring order will be placed.
- How can I trust that my saved credit card information is secure?
We take the security of your personal information very seriously and you can shop at thehonestkitchen.com with confidence. We have partnered with Authorize.Net, a leading payment gateway since 1996, to accept credit cards and electronic check payments safely and securely for our customers. thehonestkitchen.com is registered with the Authorize.Net Verified Merchant Seal program.
Authorize.Net adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
-128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
-Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information.
-Compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Are there a minimum number of orders required per year?
Yes, you must have one active recurring order that processes a minimum of one time per year to maintain membership. Otherwise, your membership will be cancelled.
- What if I have questions? Is there someone I can contact?
All Concierge™ members receive direct access to Chris, our Concierge Manager Extraordinaire. He'll answer your questions, help you set up your recurring orders and amend shipments. Give Chris a call at 619-450-2825 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refer a Friend
- How does your refer-a-friend program work?
It’s simple! Share a coupon with your friends for 50% off a 2lb box. If they redeem it, you'll get a $20 coupon good on $49 purchases online at thehonestkitchen.com! Here’s how:
1) Click the ‘Save $20 Now! >> Refer Your Friends’ link located at the bottom of our website.
2) Choose how you want to refer your friends: Email, Facebook, Twitter or through a private link.
3) Your friends will receive a personal coupon code, which they can then redeem for 50% one of our 2lb boxes.
4) Once your friend completes their order using the coupon that you shared, you’ll receive a promo code via email for $20 off your next $49 Honest Kitchen purchase online at thehonestkitchen.com!
- Who can participate in the refer-a-friend program?
Any fan of The Honest Kitchen can participate in our refer-a-friend program as a referrer and can only refer new customers. You can refer as many new customers as you want and will earn a $20 coupon for each new member that purchases a 2lb box for 50% off using your referral code.
- How many refer-a-friend rewards can I receive?
There is no limit to the number of eligible referrals you can submit and no limit to the number of rewards you can receive.
- Can I refer myself to get a coupon for 50% off a 2lb box?
Self-referrals, mass referral thru coupon sites & freebie sites and cross referrals are not allowed. Any users found abusing this will have their coupons deactivated and accounts closed. Please read our terms here
- My friend ordered three 2lb boxes. Do I get three coupons?
Coupons are distributed based on number of orders, not on number of 2lb boxes redeemed. Since your friend only placed one order, you will get one $20 coupon.
- Can I use my referral coupon on a recurring order?
At this time referral coupons cannot be used on recurring orders.
- Can referral coupons be applied to past orders?
No, referral coupons cannot be applied to past orders.
- Product Brochure
This handy brochure gives you a quick introduction to The Honest Kitchen. You will find a snapshot of our dog and cat diets as well as reasons to love us! Download now >
- Our Little Book of Honest Goodness
Enjoy this fun booklet that shares some things we'd love you to know about our history, values and crazy commitment to animals - including why your pet deserves proper food. Download now >
- Healthy Pet Guide
In this 24-page guide, you will find information from vets and influential experts that explain the link between great food and good health on a variety of important subjects. Download now >
- Dog and Cat Food Recipes At-A-Glance Guide
Compare all of our dog and cat foods in one easy chart. Evaluate nutrients, appropriate life stages and ingredients to determine which is the right mix for your pet. Download now >
- Dog Food Ingredient Comparison Chart
Find an easy list of all our dog foods and their ingredients. This chart is great if you are trying to find a recipe with or without a specific ingredient! Download now >